Creating Corsetry: Pattern Drafting and Manipulation
(First course in the series: Creating Corsetry)
Learning the skill of pattern making is powerful and opens you up to world of unlimited possibilities and creations. Knowing these skills allows you to create anything you set your mind to making. So, even if you have never attempted pattern drafting before, this course covers all the bases! After completing this course, I guarantee you will be drafting patterns with more confidence, skill, and understanding.
What you will learn in Creating Corsetry: Pattern Drafting and Manipulation
· Learn how to flat draft a basic underbust corset pattern unique to your specific body measurements.
· How to manipulate boning channel placement on an already-made pattern to create a pattern that looks entirely different, but still has the perfect fit.
· How to change the shape of the top and bottom edges of your corset.
· How to manipulate your corset into a waspie/waist cincher.
· How to split a corset panel into two panels.
· Learn about historical techniques that improve the overall quality of the corset.
· Gain confidence in your drafting, sewing, and creations.
· Class chat forums to ask questions and build community- We want to see what you are creating!
*DISCLAIMER: This course only explains and provides pattern drafting instruction, fit to your specific body measurements. For sewing and construction step-by-step instruction, visit the second course in the Creating Corsetry series: Fitting and Sewing a Corset Mock-Up and Underbust Corset.